It would not be another year gone by unless we gave you a humorous look at the quotes that have that have come out of the mouths of those that bring us laughs throughout the year.
· “They have acted like Terrorists” – John Biden on Tea Party Republicans - August 2011
· “You know, I can’t say with certitude. My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated; pictures can be dropped in and inserted.” - Anthony Weiner on Twitter pictures -June 2011
· “Millionaire job creators are like unicorns. They’re impossible to find and don’t exist.” – Harry Reid on job creation - December 2011
· “Look, the Taliban per se is not our enemy: - Joe Biden - December 2011
· "This past election was tough. We must do a better job of clearly articulating our accomplishments to the American people.” - Debbie Wasserman Schultz – After 2010 Election.
· We do not have time for this type of silliness”, I’ve got better things to do – Barack Obama on 60 minutes referring to the birther issue - April 2011
· “You have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally – and very transparently – block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote for Democratic candidates than Republican candidates.” – Debbie Wasserman Shultz – June 2011
· “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history”. – President Obama – December 2011
· “Today is a big day in America; only 36,000 Americans lost their jobs.” – Harry Reid – Undated
· “Our assessment is that the Egyptian government is stable” – Hillary Clinton 18 days before Mubarak Stepped down – January 2011.
· “One of the bills before us six million seniors will be deprived of meals, homebound seniors will be deprived of meals” Nancy Pelosi – April 2011
· Nancy Pelosi on the economy “Every month that we don’t pass a stimulus bill 500 million Americans will lose their jobs. - Undated.
· Speaker Pelosi told the Washington Post as reinstated Speaker would be “doing for child care what she did for healthcare” – November 2011
· Radio personality on elections: "If I lived in Massachusetts, I'd try to vote ten times ... Yeah that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. Because that's exactly what they are." – Undated
· “The Tea Party can go straight to hell.” – Maxine Waters – August 2011
· Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) said Tuesday December 20, 2011 that President Obama “absolutely” should use his executive power to continue the unemployment benefits and payroll tax cut extension and said she hoped to discuss the option with the White House later in the day.
These are a few of the quotes from this year however it would not be a complete list if it did not include an all-time favorite from March 2010 when Nancy Pelosi said,
“But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it away from the fog of the controversy” – When referring to ObamaCare and the passage of the bill. – March 2010
One can only wonder how some of these people keep on getting elected year after year. If you thought that 2011 was a good year for quotes, one can only imagine what will come out their mouths in 2012. Let us just wait and see. May we all have a healthy and prosperous new year.