From Fox News: Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down." Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
Via: Breitbart
Continue Reading...
Showing posts with label Sean Smith. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Sean Smith. Show all posts
Friday, October 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Popular podcaster Joe Rogan endorsed former President Donald Trump on Monday, citing a “compelling case” made by Elon Musk on his show. Th...
-
If nothing else, the past two years have demonstrated with blazing clarity how the ruling elites live by one set of rules and impose an en...
-
Former President Donald Trump selected Grand Rapids, Michigan, for one last rally on Monday to conclude his 2024 presidential campaign. Gr...
-
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has sued President Biden over the administration's military vaccine mandate, citing the governor's author...
-
Megyn Kelly spoke about how former President Donald Trump would “be a protector of women,” adding that he would “keep the boys” out of wom...
-
Turkish planes bombed Islamic State targets for the first time Friday, representing the country’s first armed foray into the conflict ag...
-
The three network morning shows on Friday worried about President Obama and the fact that he had "no choice" but to cancel an Asi...
-
DETROIT — I came to Detroit expecting a wasteland. Instead, I met a bunch of nice people and ate hot dogs. Detroit declared bankruptcy th...
-
The last time Minnesota cast its electoral votes for a Republican running for President was 1972. Even Ronald Reagan failed to win the s...
-
Mitt Romney is finally getting his Sally Field moment: They like him. At least more than they used to. President Barack Obama clings...
