Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani says Y2K could have landed him in a similar situation to President Barack Obama's predicament with the disastrous Obamacare website rollout, but he averted it.
"I had to face Y2K when I was the mayor," Giuliani said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity."
"Everybody was afraid the computers were going to go down, people were going to be let out of jails, trains wouldn't run. We spent a couple hundred million to make sure that that worked."
Giuliani said he began getting regular briefings 16 months before the big day. There were a few breakdowns, but they were fixed months in advance, he said.
"I knew if this failed I would look like a fool," Giuliani said. "And it wasn't my signature achievement. I guess reducing crime or welfare was. This was his [Obama's] signature achievement."
Via: Newsmax
Continue Reading.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
'It's A Great Opportunity For Me Personally, It's Great Opportunity For Our State' ASBURY PARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) –...
-
The Social Security payroll tax cut should be allowed to expire at the end of this year and lawmakers should turn instead to overhauling t...
-
NBC’s Williams Jumps to Highlight Surreptitiously-Recorded Romney Comments, Insists They Will ‘Raise Eyebrows When Heard’ Once again...
-
By MARK STEYN Syndicated columnist The other day, I passed a Republican Party county office here in my home state, its windo...
-
Consumer borrowing to finance car purchases has recovered to its pre-recession levels, but it appears that young people are not as interest...
-
A Marine spokesperson at the Pentagon denied reports that U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the...
-
There are several Republicans in the House and Senate who have taken the position that the GOP should allow Obamcare to be implemented beca...
-
Things aren’t exactly looking up for President Obama these days. The rollout of the Affordable Care Act’s central feature, the exchange...
-
DRUNK DRIVING, NO LICENSE, ILLEGAL & THIS IS "GOOD MORAL CHARACTER"? STOP THE TRAIN. I WANT TO GET OFF!!! The “good m...
-
Charles Krauthammer on Interior Secretary Sally Jewell saying "I hope there are no climate change deniers in the Department of Int...
No comments:
Post a Comment