Wednesday, December 18, 2013

[VIDEO] Harry Reid Is Taking a Taxpayer Subsidy to Buy His Obamacare Plan

(CNSNews.com) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.), whose salary is $193,400 a year, said he has purchased a health care plan through the D.C. Obamacare exchange and that he is accepting the federal subsidy that can run up up to $11,378 per year for a member of Congress to purchase a plan.
Private citizens buying an insurance plan in an Obamacare exchange can only get a federal subsidy if their income is less than 400 percent of the poverty level--which equals $94,200 for a family of four.
CNSNews.com asked Reid on Wednesday at the Capitol if he had purchased a health care plan through the D.C. exchange.
“Yes, I have,” he said.
CNSNews.com then asked Reid if he would accept the federal subsidy to help pay for that plan.
“Yes, I am,” Reid said.
Finally, CNSNews.com asked if he thought accepting the subsidy was the right thing to do.
“I’m just like 150 million other people in America,” Reid said. “My employer helps me pay for my health care.”
Via: CNS News
Continue Reading....

No comments:

Popular Posts