Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Manchin rejects Build Back Better revival: 'There's been no conversations'

 Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., told a gaggle of reporters Tuesday that there have been "no conversations" about negotiating with Democratic leadership and President Biden on the massive social spending bill known as the Build Back Better Act.

Asked whether negotiations or conversations about compromise have been ongoing, Manchin denied any knowledge of BBB discussions after his statement last month against the policy package.

"There's been no conversations after I made my statement. I was very clear, I feel as strongly today as I did then that the unknown with COVID – here we are. I've got an N-95, I see all of you do," Manchin told reporters. "So there's different concerns that we have right now that we haven't had for a while, so that's a concern. Inflation is still a concern. It's still over 6%."

No comments:

Popular Posts