Former CIA Director Michael Hayden tells Newsmax a report that the National Security Agency spied on world leaders is "terribly damaging" — but he believes the outrage expressed by those leaders is to some extent "political theater."
The retired 4-star Air Force General also says the anti-terrorism efforts begun by President George W. Bush and continued by the Obama administration are "lawful, effective, and appropriate."
Declassified: The Simple Roadmap That Helped Create Over $41 Billion in New WealthHayden served as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from May 2006 until February 2009, shortly after Obama’s inauguration. He also served as Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) from 1999 to 2005, and is now on the Advisory Board of LIGNET.com, a Washington, D.C.-based intelligence analysis and forecasting service affiliated with Newsmax.
In an exclusive interview with Newsmax TV on Friday, Hayden was asked if NSA leaker Edward Snowden's claim that every call and every Internet transaction in the United States goes through the NSA is accurate.
"No, period," he declares. "It's not accurate."
Hayden also discusses the new report in The Guardian asserting that the NSA monitored the phone calls of 35 world leaders — after President Obama this week called German Chancellor Angela Merkel to insist the U.S. wasn't monitoring her calls.
Via: Newsmax
Continue Reading.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The 2016 election will be one in which “voters will look past what you say to what you’ve done,” Rick Perry says in a new video on his web...
-
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks opened higher on Wednesday on optimism that U.S. politicians would strike a last-minute deal to prevent the cou...
-
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is dispatching the head of the National Guard to states that have refused to allow same-sex couples serving i...
-
According to the Medicaid provider contract between DHH and Planned Parenthood, along with relevant Louisiana law, either party can choos...
-
Lately, there has been a lot of hype about Donald Trump’s comments on illegal immigration. I’ve seen post after post on Facebook from Hisp...
-
Earlier this week, CalWatchdog.com mentioned some of the political implications that the partial government shutdown will have on Congres...
-
A top Democratic senator said Sunday that Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius will testify before Congress a...
-
This week a 19 year old Republican, Yvonne Dean-Bailey, won a highly contested race in the swing state of New Hampshire. Dean-Bailey,...
-
MSNBC contributor Jonathan Alter on Saturday continued the liberal media pattern of siding with the Obama administration on the current gov...
-
The increasingly agitated Ed Schultz on Wednesday both justified lying to Americans about being able to keep their insurance and, at the sa...
No comments:
Post a Comment