Friday, September 13, 2013

America Laid Low - I wonder if Mr. Obama is really quite right in the head. by Ben Stein

Thursday
We are back in Beverly Hills. We left one week ago. My last day there, I spoke to the entire student body of Bonners Ferry High School. Bonners (as we call it) is about fifty miles north of Sandpoint. The students and faculty were cheerful, well dressed, and alert. After my speech, one student asked my religion. Another asked how much money I had. Another asked if I could afford to buy a Lamborghini. They may need a little work there.
These are not the questions to ask a guest speaker who has done them the free gift of a speech.
They did cheer when one of their number made a sneering comment about Obamacare. I am not sure where that came from. But more power to them on that one.
However, as we left the school, we pulled into a gas station very close to the school. A mother and her daughter, both Mennonites, were selling ears of corn from the back of a truck. The mother went into the gas station for some reason. I approached the daughter as she was taking corn out of a bag. She was impossibly beautiful. Blond, clear skinned, blue eyed, hair in a small bun, print dress, no makeup, slender. She was a vision of perfect youthful femininity..

No comments:

Popular Posts