Monday, October 8, 2012

Major Lobbyist Says “There Are Lots Of Lobbyists Working For The Administration”

Thomas Hale Boggs Jr., Chairman Of Major Washington Lobbying Firm
Patton Boggs: “Now they’ve greatly changed that [last year, the Obama re-
election campaign hired former lobbyist Broderick Johnson, and in March, Joe
Biden tapped former lobbyist Steve Ricchetti as an adviser], there are lots of
lobbyists working for the administration, which is probably going to make it
work better in the second term.” (Catherine Ho, “Lobbying Icon Boggs Predicts Obama Win, Weighs In On Election’s Impact On K Street,” The Washington Post, 10/7/12)
 FLASHBACK - Obama: “[Lobbyists] Won't Find A Job In My White House.” OBAMA: “One year from now, we have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and I've won. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House.” (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At A Campaign Event, Spartanburg, SC, 11/3/07)

No comments:

Popular Posts