Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dems Pulling Funny Business In Iowa


Muscatine resident Craig White says a Democratic campaign worker somehow gave his 75-year-old mother the impression that it was OK for her to sign his name on an absentee ballot request form when he wasn’t home.
It’s a felony under Iowa’s voting laws to falsify a signature.
“It shocked me, and it really almost made me change my vote,” said White, a Democrat. “As far as I’m concerned, my civil rights were violated.”
Elsewhere, reports of unauthorized absentee ballot paperwork have led to an investigation by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.
Floyd County Attorney Normand Klemesrud, a Democrat, said the DCI is checking into cases in his county in which someone allegedly filled out the request paperwork for an absentee ballot without the voter’s consent or knowledge. Chari Paulson, the DCI’s assistant director, didn’t return phone calls about the matter Friday.
No arrests have been made. “Are they chargeable as crimes? I don’t know enough to know that yet,” Klemesrud said on Friday.

No comments:

Popular Posts