Monday, November 5, 2012

OBAMA: 'I'LL WORK WITH ANYBODY'


Today, speaking in Concord, New Hampshire, trying to look bipartisan, Barack Obama made this incredible statement:

“As long as I’m president, I’ll work with anybody.”
He can’t be serious.
For a start, let’s take a look at immigration reform. In June of this year, Sen. John McCain, who has always championed bipartisanship, said bitterly:
“This idea that this president or his people reached out to me is patently false. To somehow allege that I didn’t somehow respond to their overtures, that’s patently false. That’s their narrative, and I understand their narrative, but it’s not substantiated by the facts.”
McCain stated that Obama had invited him to the White House in 2009 to discuss immigration reform:
I said, “I’d love to join you,’ and never heard from him,” McCain said…
Obama’s Department of Homeland Security announced in June that it would circumvent Congress and implement the DREAM Act, adding roughly 1.4 million workers to the U.S. labor market. Obama defended himself by insisting that his proposal was not amnesty or immunity, but a new policy that would "mend" the nation's immigration system, make it "more fair, more efficient, and more just." 
Of course, in 2011, when Obama told high school students he did not have the authority to unilaterally suspend deportations, he uttered these mendacious words: 
With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. Congress passes the law. The executive branch's job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws.
There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.

No comments:

Popular Posts