Friday, May 29, 2015

Guy Who Created Obama’s ‘Hope’ Poster: ‘Americans Are Ignorant And Lazy

Shepard Fairey, the artist who designed Barack Obama’s “Hope” poster that symbolized his 2008 campaign, said that he thinks Americans are largely “ignorant, lazy, uneducated and complacent.”
(Photo: Shepard Fairey)In an interview with Esquire, the 45-year-old said Obama hadn’t even come close to living up to his expectations, but he thinks the American people are to blame for that.
“We also need a public that isn’t so uneducated and complacent,” Fairey said. “I hate to say Americans are ignorant and lazy, but a lot of them are ignorant and lazy.” (RELATED: Shepard Fairey Is A Fraud)
“Obama has had a really tough time, but there have been a lot of things that he’s compromised on that I never would have expected. I mean, drones and domestic spying are the last things I would have thought [he’d support].”
But Fairey, who was a “big supporter” of Occupy Wall Street, thinks Obama’s goals were thwarted because things were out of his control.
“I’ve met Obama a few times, and I think Obama’s a quality human being, but I think that he finds himself in a position where your actions are largely dictated by things out of your control.”
“What frustrates me to no end are people who want to blame Obama or blame anything that is something that if they were actually doing anything as simple as voting, it might not be as bad as it is.”

No comments:

Popular Posts