Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Conservative Laments to Fox: I’m Actually Black, Why Won’t NAACP Support Me?


When Fox & Friends hosts a quick debate about Rachel Dolezal, race, and the NAACP, you know you’re in for a treat.
On one end, Democratic strategist Brian Benjamin utterly confounded host Steve Doocy with the academic theory that race, unlike ethnicity, is a social construct and that he won’t outright tell the former Spokane NAACP leader she cannot identify as a particular race.
And on the other, conservative activist Deneen Borelli mostly railed against the NAACP for initially supporting Dolezal in the wake of her public dressing-down (she eventually resigned). Why? Because Borelli herself is black, but does not receive any such support from the civil rights organization.
“You look at me, someone who’s a black conservative,” she said. “I’m criticized, called all types of names. I’m told I act and talk white, should die my hair blonde. I don’t get support from NAACP, Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson. She’s been given a pass.”


No comments:

Popular Posts