Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chicago Store-Owner Hit With Graffiti Labeling Him A “Racist” For Having Anti-Obama Sign…


CHICAGO (CBS) — An outspoken and controversial shopkeeper who has been a fixture in Lincoln Square for the past dozen years has been targeted by a vandal.

75-year-old Sam Wolfson owns String a Strand bead shop.

And he wears his heart on his sleeve. His political leanings – anti-Obama – are posted on his store window.

Like his handwritten signs that say: “Romney, if you want to be president, you have to say this: ‘If I’m elected, I will not bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia” and “Obama, I built this business working 7 days a week, you didn’t.”
“I walked in,” he said. “I was coming to work and in lipstick it had a sign, ‘Racist.’ I’m not a racist. My wife is Spanish. Come on.”
He has since cleaned up the graffiti.
WBBM Newsradio spoke with some passersby on Lincoln Avenue.
“I don’t necessarily disagree with the sentiments by the lipstick vandal,” one person said. “But I don’t condone such actions.”
Wolfson says it’s just symptomatic of a contentious election year.

No comments:

Popular Posts