Monday, October 14, 2013

Boxer Accuses GOP of Acting Like Domestic Abusers

boxer001 092513 330x209 Boxer Accuses GOP of Acting Like Domestic Abusers
(Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call)
Sen. Barbara Boxer likened GOP lawmakers to people who abuse their spouses on Monday when discussing the current government shutdown and the looming debt limit deadline.
The California Democrat, who, like most in her party, blames the lack of government funding and current impasse over raising the debt ceiling on Republicans who have insisted on passing measures aimed at dismantling the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare.
First she compared the current budget crisis to walking down the street on a nice day and then deciding to bash yourself in the head with a rock.
Then she said:
“It’s a self-inflicted wound. I never questioned, never questioned the fact that Republicans, Democrats, and independents love this country. Love this country. I never questioned it. But I have to say, when you start acting like you’re committing domestic abuse, you’ve got a problem. ‘I love you dear, but you know, I’m shutting down your entire government. I love you dear, but I’m going to default and you’re going to be weak.’ Something is dreadfully wron

No comments:

Popular Posts