Tuesday, July 7, 2015

San Francisco 'Sanctuary' Killing: Why Is Our Political Class Letting Illegals Harm Americans?



Is reality about to intrude on America’s political class?  For at least the last two decades, that clerisy has assured us that immigration, legal or otherwise, is a virtue.  We’ve also been told that our lawless southern border is coming under control.

In his first year in office, President Bill Clinton said, “I believe we should stiffen our efforts to control the southern border.” He added “I think we should have more Border Patrol agents and I think we should do more to restrict illegal immigration.”

In a 2006 address from the Oval Office, President George W. Bush proclaimed that “the United States must secure its borders,” and said that “we are launching the most technologically advanced border security initiative in American history.”

President Obama said “When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system, and I began by doing what I could to secure our borders.”  The White House boasts that his subsequent efforts “represent the most serious and sustained effort to secure our border in our nation’s history.


No comments:

Popular Posts