Saturday, August 17, 2013

Management removes American flags without warning, Korean War veteran says

VeteranFlags.jpgA Korean War vet living in a Georgia federally subsidized housing unit says his American flags were removed by building management without warning.

Armond "Sonny" Noah said his four American flags were taken from outside his home without notice, and that when he asked maintenance where the flags went, they didn’t have an answer.

“It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier."

- Armond "Sonny" Noah
Noah said a management official left a phone message days later saying that they had his flags, and that he couldn’t place flags in the commons area, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

“I don’t think we should have to fight for the flag,” Noah told MyFoxAtlanta.com. “It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier.”

A spokesperson for the DeKalb County residence said that the matter was mishandled and that they plan on issuing an apology to Noah.

Management said they hope to reach a compromise with Noah, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

Via: Fox News


Continue Reading....

No comments:

Popular Posts