Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rhode Island Catholic Bishop Switches Parties To GOP; Says 2012 Was The Last Straw

featured-img(CNSNews.com) – Catholic Bishop Thomas Tobin, head of the diocese of Providence, R.I., said he recently changed his voter registration from Democrat to Republican, noting that the 2012 Democratic National Convention and the Democrats’ strong support for abortion and homosexual “marriage” was the last straw.
“The a-ha moment for me was the 2012 Democratic National Convention – it was just awful,” said Tobin on Tuesday before a meeting of the Rhody Young Republicans in Providence.  Tobin is 65 and has been a registered Democrat since 1969.
“I just said I can’t be associated structurally with that group, in terms of abortion and NARAL and Planned Parenthood and [the] same-sex marriage agenda and cultural destruction I saw going on,” said Tobin, as first reported by Ted Nesi at WPRI.com.  “I just couldn’t do it anymore.”
“I’ve changed my party registration now, but the fact is that the registration itself doesn’t mean a whole lot to me,” said Tobin.
Via: CNS News

Continue Reading....

No comments:

Popular Posts