Saturday, November 23, 2013

Diners leave lesbian waitress anti-gay note instead of a tip

Customers at a New Jersey restaurant stiffed a server on a $93 bill. Not because of poor service but because their waitress is gay.

Instead of the customary 15%, Dayna Morales, a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, said that a family she waited on Wednesday left another type of "tip."

"I'm sorry, but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life" was written on the receipt.

Morales told ABC News station WABC-TV that although she is openly gay, she never shared that with the customers.

A server off and on for 10 years, Morales said she greeted the patrons with the "normal introduction."
"'My name is Dayna. I'll be taking care of you,'" she said. "Right away the mom looked at me and said, 'I thought you were going to say your name was Dan.'"

Morales said she served the family its meals without further incident and was "offended" and "mad" to find what was left on the receipt.

"I didn't know how to react to that. I never thought that would ever happen," she said.

Morales on Wednesday posted a photo of the note on the Have a Gay Day Facebook page, where it's generated more than 3,000 comments.

What do you think of Morales' "tip"? Let us know in the comments below, or tweet me @jamiewetherbe.

Via: Los Angeles Times


Continue Reading....

No comments:

Popular Posts