Saturday, May 23, 2015

[VIDEO] OBAMA: I HAVE BEEN CALLED ‘THE FIRST JEWISH PRESIDENT’

Friday in Washington, D.C. at the Jewish American Heritage Celebration, President Barack Obama told the audience The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg once called him the “first Jewish president.”
Obama said,  “Most of all, I want to thank the entire congregation of Adas Israel for having me here today. Earlier this week, I was actually interviewed by one of your members, Jeff Goldberg. And Jeff reminded me he once called me the first Jewish president. Now, since some people still seem to be wondering about my faith, I should make clear this is an honorary title, but I was flattered. And as an honorary member of the tribe not to mention somebody who has hosted seven White House seders and has been advised  by two Jewish chiefs of staff.”

No comments:

Popular Posts