Wednesday, June 10, 2015

[VIDEO] Chris Matthews still gets a thrill out of the president


It has been seven years since President Obama first thrilled MSNBC's Chris Matthews — and it looks like the thrill is not gone.
"I'm a political romantic, as many of you know now, I love stories of the Kennedys and Franklin Roosevelt," Matthews said this week.
The MSNBC host's remarks came during a larger discussion with panel guests on the friendship between Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Matthews and his guests also touched on the recent death of the vice president's son, Beau, who died in late May of brain cancer.
"Winston Churchill and Charles deGaulle and yes, I got a thrill from the early speeches of Barack Obama. But nothing in that was as human as what we witnessed this weekend [at the vice president's son's funeral]," he said.
Since 2008, Matthews has battled constant mockery over his claiming once that a speech by Obama sent a "thrill" up his leg.
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech," he said during an evening newscast. "My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

No comments:

Popular Posts