Friday, August 30, 2013

Nancy Pelosi: I Don't Want To Be Speaker Again, 'That's Not My Thing'

nancy pelosi speakerHouse Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told National Journal she's not looking to fill the role of House Speaker again anytime soon.
When asked by reporter Ben Terris if she'd like to be House Speaker again, Pelosi was quick to reject the idea.
"No, that's not my thing. I did that," Pelosi said.
But not everyone feels the same as Pelosi. President Barack Obama said in April 2013 said it would be "whole lot easier to govern" with Pelosi as House Speaker.
"My job is to make sure we move the country forward, and I think we can best do that if Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House once again," Obama said during a fundraiser.
Pelosi has criticized current House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), saying in May he'd be called "the weakest speaker in history" if "he were a woman."
Click here for more from Pelosi's interview with National Journal.

No comments:

Popular Posts