Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chat Roulette - Meet Your Friendly Obamacare Navigators

Say what you will about the long wait times, rampant errors, and frozen screens, the human face of Healthcare.gov is committed to serving its constituency.
I’m not talking about Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius or CGI Federal executive Cheryl Campbell. No, I’m talking about Liliana, Summer, Patricia, and Erain — some of the customer service reps who handle Healthcare.gov inquiries.
I spent four hours chatting with these lovely ladies and other faceless navigators on Wednesday to address common concerns about the decidedly user-un-friendly website. I don’t have any concerns, so I made them up. Here’s what I found.
You know that serving us is their top priority because every webchat begins the same way.
[12:59:10 pm]: Welcome! You’re now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.
Thanks for contacting us. My name is Liliana. To protect your privacy, please don’t provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.
[1:00:06 pm]: BillyHi Liliana, my name’s Billy, Social Security # 742-59-*****, I have hemorrhoids. 
[1:00:44 pm]: Billy 
You guys really cut to the chase
[1:02:17 pm]: Liliana 
Sir Im gonna ask you to please not put any personal information on this chat please.
She told me to log off the chat to delete my information. I thanked my sage navigator and received a genuine “Your welcome.”

No comments:

Popular Posts